For the base:
4-6 potato gems (make sure they’re gluten free, if needed!)
For the filling:
2 egg whites (or another whole egg)
2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup grated cheese (use as much or as little as you like of your favourite cheese!)
1/4 cup sliced ham
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C. Line a ramekin/single serve baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- Place your potato gems into the base of your dish and bake for around 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Carefully squish and flatten your potato gems with the back of a spoon to form the “crust”.
- Mix your filling ingredients in a bowl and pour over the top of your crust, baking for 10-20 minutes, or until your filling is set and golden on top. Baking times will vary depending on the size of your tin so keep an eye on them!
- Remove your egg bake from the tin and enjoy immediately – or allow them to cool before chilling and keeping in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Recipe submitted by Kristy Sayer of Southern in Law
Source more Nut Free recipes
Read more Nut Free articles
Search our pantries for Nut Free Products