• 2 medium potatoes cut into cubes
• 1 stick celery, diced finely
• 1 onion, diced finely
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• kernels from 4 cobs of corn
• 1 tspn turmeric
• 2 ½ cups chicken or veggie stock
• 1-2 tblspns coconut oil, for frying
• ½ cup raw cashews
• 3 tblspns nutritional yeast
• chives, to garnish
1. Fry the onion and celery in the coconut oil over a medium
heat until translucent.
2. Add the potatoes, garlic and turmeric and fry for another 1-2
3. Add the stock and simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes
or until the potatoes are just tender.
4. Add the corn and cook another 2 minutes until it turns a
bright yellow colour.
5. Tip the soup into your blender with the nutritional yeast and
cashews, and blend until smooth. Depending on how thick
you like your soup, you may want to add a little more stock.
6. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Recipe Submitted by
Facebook: Jules Galloway