Makes 10 pancakes
200 grams gluten free flour – sifted
1tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
300 ml of milk of choice
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
90 grams of finely chopped hazelnuts (or whiz in a food processor for it to be finely chopped)
150 grams frozen blueberries
A small knob of butter for cooking
- Mix the dry ingredients and the nuts in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg with the milk and then make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Whisk the milk into the dry ingredients until you have a thick batter.
- Gently stir in half the blueberries into the batter mix.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan on a low-medium heat and add a small knob of butter until it melts.
- Ladle the batter into the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes until there are bubbles forming on the surface of each pancake.
- Turn the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden.
- Keep the pancakes warm in a low temp oven, while you cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve with yoghurt and the remainder of the blueberries. Or for a special treat top with golden syrup with the blueberries.
Enjoy! This is a great recipe for all ages!
Recipe submitted by Sweets For Tilly
Source more Gluten Free recipes
Read more Gluten Free articles
Search our pantries for Gluten Free Products