500g grass fed rump steak, cut in to strips
2tbsps gluten free plain flour
50g butter (nuttelex for dairy free option)
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
250g small Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup Brandy (optional)
1 cup beef stock
1.5 tbsps tomato paste
3/4 cup sour cream of choice
1. Dust the beef strips in flour and shake off the excess.
2. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan and cook the meat in small batches for 1 – 2 minutes. Remove.
3. Add the remaining butter to the pan and cook the onion and garlic over me-dium heat for 2 – 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
4. If using, add the Brandy and cook until almost evaporated.
5. Stir in the beef stock and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes to reduce the liquid slightly. Return the beef to the pan (with juices) and stir in the sour cream.
6. Simmer for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens slightly. Season with salf and pepper.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve with rice or (fettucine) pasta.
Recipe submitted by Alison Clinch of The Free Range Butcher