1 small onion, diced
1 carrot, sliced or diced (depending on how chunky you’d like your veggies)
1 celery rib, diced (you can leave this out if you don’t have/like celery)
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ tsp ground sage leaves
¼ tsp thyme
2 cups chicken stock
~100g of your favourite noodles or pasta
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional: 1 teaspoon of butter
- In a medium saucepan, saute your onion, carrot, garlic and celery (if using) until just softened and your onions start to turn translucent. If you find your vegetables sticking to the pan, add a couple of tablespoons of stock.
- Next, add in your sage, thyme and stir to incorporate.
- Add in your noodles/pasta and chicken stock and bring to the boil, stirring to ensure nothing is stuck to the bottom.
- Allow to simmer until your noodles are cooked and your soup reaches your desired consistency. If using, add your butter and allow to melt through (this is optional, however, a trick I learnt from an old family friend which mellows the flavours of the soup and adds richness).
- Serve immediately or allow to cool before storing in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Recipe submitted by Kristy Sayer of Southern in Law
Source more Dairy Free recipes
Read more Dairy Free articles
Search our pantries for Dairy Free Products